- Always in trouble in school; getting suspended and even expelled.
- Dropped out of high school near the end of the 10th grade.
- In trouble with the law for dope and fraud.
- In trouble in the military for fraud and being a malcontent.
- One of the largest volume wholesale drug dealers in northern Los Angeles (high quality pot, hash, and LSD).
- A total stoner; spent almost an entire summer on LSD and other hallucinogens.
- All this by the time I was twenty-one.
But then something happened. Through a series of events I was confronted with the promises of God over the summer of my 21st year. In September I told God, "To the extent you're faithful to your promises, to that extent you can have my life." One of his names is The Faithful and True.
So here I am, in my fifties! And that's why I call these The Bonus Years! And there is truly no greater joy than knowing God and living life his way.