Thursday, July 29, 2010

Yeah... I'm Braggin'...

I have good reason to brag... not because of something I've done, but because of someone I know!  Amanda & Charles (our daughter and her boyfriend) did something noteworthy yesterday, and I'm honestly proud to know them!

They started cookin' up a storm mid-afternoon, making nine dishes to give to homeless folks in Huntington Beach.  They made chicken, broccoli, and rice, then they packaged them up in an attractive presentation and went driving looking for homeless people who were hungry.  Isn't that great?!!

James 1:27 talks about religious devotion the Father accepts as pure and faultless: "looking after orphans and widows in their distress" and Jesus says in Matthew 25:31-40 that when we feed the hungry, we are feeding him.  My bragging then, is for good reason!  I know those who, in purity of heart, serve the King of Kings and Lord of Lords-- even when it seems no one is looking.  How cool is that?!!

No comments: