Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cute Resume & Cover Letter!

In these more challenging economic times and high unemployment rates, we all get some interesting resumes! We have an open position for a part-time assistant bookkeeper, and received a cute email and resume yesterday. Reading through the resume I didn't see any bookkeeping experience, so I went back to the cover letter email and enjoyed the cute innocence of what she said.
Hello, my name is Rosie [changed name] and I would like to apply for the Assistant Book Keeper Position. I've always wanted to work in a book store because I think it is a great place for me to work for a few reasons. I love to read and usually spend my free time reading, and since I would be working in a bookstore it would be a quieter environment and I'd actually be able to hear while I'm working. Also I would love to be in a position where I am helping/serving God in a way that I can.
Rosie's cute, and I loved her spirit! You can be sure I sent her a very kind email.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Love it! This is a great one!

rick cadden said...

That is a good one for sure. I get amused also when reading resume's and during the interview process. I wonder sometimes where people come up with this stuff. I had a really funny one with a cover letter incident. See my blog at www.luija.com and click on the Lighten Up category and choose What Would You Do part 3. Thanks Nick for a great blog site. See you in Orland i hope at NACBA