Friday, March 8, 2013

Odd Travel Experience-- A First for Me!

I've flown more than 2.6 million miles on American Airlines. Today. I stood by to catch an earlier flight since I got to the airport early, and was assigned a middle seat about halfway back. No problem, it was for a short flight.

Amazingly, the passenger sitting next to me insists on having her arm 2-3" beyond the armrest and into my seat space! Not because of her size-- just because! I asked her politely if she would move it so that it is at least not past the armrest into my already narrow seat space, and she told me I was a rude bully!

Okay; that's a first for me!

______________

Post-flight update...

I wrote that post during the flight and published it via the airline's wifi. But the flight just kept getting weirder! Three things made that true:

  1. The lady I wrote about decided her elbow wasn't sticking far enough into my side, so mid-flight she decided to move it towards me another inch or so.  Very uncomfortable. But I didn't want to make a scene, and the flight was short, so I lived with it
  2. When the plane landed, some guy decided to take my suitcase out of the overhead! I said, "Excuse me, but that's my suitcase." He looked at me like he couldn't believe what he just heard, so I repeated it. He replied, "Okay, I'll just leave it on this seat." When he got off the plane he didn't take any luggage with him, so it was not a case of mistaken identity. That was also a first for me!
  3. As the lady whose elbow was so intimate with my ribs got up to disembark, she called me a bunch of names! Four-letter names! I saw her in the terminal and told her I hope her day gets better, and she told me I am passive-agressive. Okay...
So, I'm not sure exactly what happened on that flight or why, but at least I got a good story out of it!

No comments: