Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How to Rename Your Kindle Device or Application

I recently gave my wife a Kindle File, and she loves it!  I linked it to my Kindle account so we could share books (wouldn't it be nice if Amazon let us link family accounts for sharing purposes!).  The problem was that Amazon automatically named her Kindle Fire Nick's Kindle.

Renaming the device was not obvious on the Amazon website, but the steps to do so are surprisingly easy!  Here they are:
  1. Login to www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle
  2. Click Manage Your Devices on the left side of the screen
  3. Click the Edit link next to your registered Kindle device's name
  4. Sync your Kindle device or application
That's it!  Pretty easy, too!

2 comments:

Project Management Course Singapore said...

Nice guide :). Now, what to name my Kindle Fire

Anonymous said...

I had to restart the Kindle app on my Nexus 10 to get the rename to work.