Friday, February 11, 2011

Mac Firefox Fix: Tab Key Skips Some Fields

I use and support both Mac and Windows systems.  I do most of my work on a Mac, and Firefox is my favorite browser.

In Firefox, when using the Tab key to move from field to field in Firefox, it natively wants to skip over any non-text fields.  For instance, when completing an online form and moving from the City field to the State field, if the state field is a pull-down option field, using the Tab key skips over it.

The fix is a simple Mac OSX Preference setting!  I found it at this website (click here), but in case they remove the page, here's a screen shot of the fix:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. This has bugged me for years but I just accepted it as a quirk. I am excited that I will finally be able to tab to the combo boxes!