Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Article on Mac Software Recommendations

In 2007 I began using a Mac for a research project. When that project was finished I decided to stay on the Mac! Some say if you try a Mac you’ll never go back; I stayed with it because it helps us support many of our clients who use them. The switchover has been a little challenging, however, because I’m used to using business-class software. In this article I’ll share what software I use to keep me as productive as I was on the Windows platform, which may help the Mac users on your team.

Download the article (updated on 8/25/2009) here for free in PDF format!

2 comments:

Nick Nicholaou said...

I'm re-writing the Mac software article's email section due to a large flaw in their recent Entourage update. It won't send large attachments! (It's neither an Exchange issue nor a recipient issue.) Curious that MS won't address it or comment about it.

Chris Staller said...

Which is why I stick w/iMail...Office 2004/2007 on a Mac just isn't a good compromise...once I emotionally let go of all my Outlook co-dependencies and accepted the 'simplicities' of iMail life was good again...Ditch Entourage...