Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Working in Paradise

Our family often finds itself amazed that God chose to plant us in such a fun place as Huntington Beach, CA. It's a hugely unchurched community, so the ministry opportunities are big. But it's also a fun place to live!

This morning I had to wrestle through some challenging work/ management issues. When I was done, I desperately needed to clear my head. So I hopped on my bike and headed out for a ride-- first to church to help our pastor with something, then to our downtown library and lunch.

One of my favorite lunches is on Main Street at Pacific Coast Highway. I like to get a couple of Wahoo's fish tacos and a Jamba Juice smoothie. Today I also had my notebook computer with me, so I checked my email while eating outside just yards from the beach. I answered some emails, made some client phone calls, said hi to some of my favorite locals, and IM'd with my team. All in all, it was a productive time down there at the beach on a perfect day!

Working in paradise is cool. It's also a privilege to be part of a church leadership team that is heavily focused on reaching the unchurched in our community. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: